Real Estate Broker Continuing Education
Colorado Real Estate Broker Licensing
For each three-year license cycle, all active real estate brokers must complete 24 hours of continuing education.
Three-Year License Cycle Continuing Education Requirements
- Twelve (12) of the 24 hours must be comprised of three (3) different versions of the four hour (4) Annual Commission Update Course.
- The remaining twelve (12) hours can be any combination of elective credit hours approved by the Commission.
- You must retain proof of completion of continuing education courses for a minimum of four years and provide proof of completion upon the Commission's request.
Transition License Cycle Continuing Education Requirements
- To accommodate licensees during the transition period, licensees may complete two (2) different versions of the Annual Commission Update Course to satisfy the eight (8) hours of mandated education pursuant to section 12-10-213(1)(b)
, C.R.S. Licensees who choose this option must also complete an additional sixteen (16) hours of elective credit hours to meet the 24-hour total continuing education requirement during the transition period.
Inactive License Continuing Education Requirements
If your license has been inactive for longer than three (3) years/36 months, you MUST complete either:
- The State portion of the Colorado Broker's Exam, or
- 48 Hours in Colorado Contracts & Regulations and 24 hours in Real Estate Closings (for a total of 72 hours).
Newly licensed brokerAn initial broker's license expires at midnight on December 31st of the year in which it was issued. During that initial licensure period, the newly licensed broker will not have any obligation to complete any continuing education. After that initial license period, the active licensee will then be on a three-year license cycle and be obligated to complete 24 hours of continuing education within that licensing cycle.
Colorado Real Estate Commission
1560 Broadway St. #925
Denver, CO 80202
Phone: 303.894.2166 or 800.886.7675